- Both my parents need surgery. Both are obstinate about accepting it not to mention requesting assistance. Both are becoming the children that I need to look after. It is both an unfortunate and an expected element of getting older I guess. I have managed to convince one to go in next week. The other is still a challenge.
- Ingrid was given notice of redundancy on Friday evening. Ignoring the inappropriateness of handing anyone a notice last thing on a Friday as they are walking out the door, it wasn’t , nonetheless, completely unexpected as the corporation she works for is in a declining market. However, now all we need to do is find a great corporation that will appreciate her skills, experience and work ethic.
- Ironically, considering we moved into Broadford to be closer to, thus have more time for, the farm … I have not had the time to work there in these last few months. Between the changes at work, aforementioned and non-mentioned family commitments, general maintenance around the residence and general run-of-the-mill life I have not had any time to do more than inspect fence lines.
- I have so many thoughts in my head that I wonder sometimes if it won’t cause a synaptic-pressure-bubble aneurysm one day. There are so many things I would love to share, but the complexities are what I find difficult to espouse in any form of clarity. Concepts that seem simple in my head are far more difficult to put on paper, as it were. It frustrates me. It’s like a writer’s block for non writers I guess. Just my luck.
- I haven’t socialised much in the same period of time. This is becoming a thing. It’s not that I am unhappy with the people I have in my life, and truth be told, I am too tired most days for the lack of socialisation to bother me, but, there are other days where I could do with more people, more stories, more drinking and more laughter.
- So it goes.