“Explore why is disappointment so bad? What does it mean? Why do you avoid it?
|What I know:
||What I used to Know:
|In my deepest hiding spots there is :|
|In the dark area:
||In the light area:
|I do not want to believe that all of “this” is just a random fluctuation of quantum chaos in a background of random chemical reactions.|
Disappointment = Punishment
Punishment = Pain, Fear, Judgement, Rejection
Thus any form of disappointment enhances the response of withdrawel, to hide the isse and thus avoid the hurt.
e.g. Public Speaking
- Lack of Confidence opens up thoughts of ridicule and mass rejection
- Where with a few people you can fake confidence, or read body language, impossible to do with so many
- cannot hide under that much spotlight attention
- fear of seeming stupid
- fear of not being special
- thus my own expectations are so high that disappontment is the only likely result = punishment = avoid.
So … how do we fix this?